Обсуждение: Creating schema for multiple tables/fields/indices.

Creating schema for multiple tables/fields/indices.

От
"dlangschied"
Дата:
I just downloaded postgreSQL.  I have finished the install and everything
looks okay.  I am now ready to create a db and add tables/fields/indices.  I
have approx. 100 tables 2,000 fields and 500 indices.  Before I spend an
ungodly amount of time doing these individually, can I load an entire schema
via some scripting method?

Sincerely,

David Langschied
Langschied Consulting Services
25644 Mackinac
Roseville, MI 48066

Phone:  (586)777-7542
Cell:      (248)789-8493
e-mail:  dlangschied@ameritech.net

Re: Creating schema for multiple tables/fields/indices.

От
Adam Witney
Дата:
If you have the CREATE statements all written out in one file (eg
create_stuff.sql)

psql <dbname> <username> < create_stuff.sql

Or you could connect with psql and type

\i create_stuff.sql

> I just downloaded postgreSQL.  I have finished the install and everything
> looks okay.  I am now ready to create a db and add tables/fields/indices.  I
> have approx. 100 tables 2,000 fields and 500 indices.  Before I spend an
> ungodly amount of time doing these individually, can I load an entire schema
> via some scripting method?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> David Langschied
> Langschied Consulting Services
> 25644 Mackinac
> Roseville, MI 48066
>
> Phone:  (586)777-7542
> Cell:      (248)789-8493
> e-mail:  dlangschied@ameritech.net

>   (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@postgresql.org)

believed to be clean.

Re: Creating schema for multiple tables/fields/indices.

От
"Victor Yegorov"
Дата:
* dlangschied <dlangschied@ameritech.net> [24.04.2003 18:39]:
> I just downloaded postgreSQL.  I have finished the install and everything
> looks okay.  I am now ready to create a db and add tables/fields/indices.  I
> have approx. 100 tables 2,000 fields and 500 indices.  Before I spend an
> ungodly amount of time doing these individually, can I load an entire schema
> via some scripting method?

Do you have structure of your stuff (DDL) as SQL statements somewhere?

If yes, then find how to feed all that stuff to psql (I suggest using `-c'
flag or simply pipe to psql) - see docs.

If no, then you'll have to spent some time on creation of your DB structure.

--

Victor Yegorov

Вложения

Re: Creating schema for multiple tables/fields/indices.

От
"dlangschied"
Дата:
Thanks!  This looks doable.