Re: the build

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: the build
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 11:19:11AM +0100, Nic Ferrier wrote:

> - the version of java is used to decide which version of the drivers
>   get built. This prevents cross compiling.

I don't know if you're going to be able to get around this one.

For example, the JDBC1 driver won't build under 1.4 as the concrete
implementations of the JDBC interfaces only implement the JDBC1 parts while
1.4's java.sql interfaces are JDBC3 .. so the compiler will complain that
the concrete class should be abstract.

You *might* be able to cross-compile to an earlier JDBC version by providing
an alternate java.sql.* but this sounds a bit hairy (I think that Sun has a
"standard" mechanism for this in their 1.4 VMs, but I haven't looked at the
details) -- but you won't have any guarantees that you're not using an API
specific to your compile VM somewhere else.

-O