Re: Upgrade woes

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Upgrade woes
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tuesday 15 April 2003 11:55, Greg Kelley wrote:
> Sorry folks, brain fart - I had upgraded to 7.3 before the RH 8-9 fun.
> Initial postmaster failure to start was because of a 'bad' shutdown or
> something during the upgrade but a manual run of postmaster seems to have
> cleand up the database - I thought it was a version issue.

Good.  /me breathes sigh of relief.

> Now if I can figure out why RH9 has blocked port 5432...???

As root run /sbin/iptables-save.  This will tell you what has been blocked. By
way of telling you what is allowed.

To unblock, you can either disable iptables, or you can add a rule to allow
TCP traffic incoming on port 5432.  See the netfilter documentation on how to
do this.

Just as a double-check: when you enabled TCP/IP connections under RH80, did
you do it in /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql (adding a -i to the pg_ctl line)?
Or did you edit /var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf, and change the
tcpip_socket line?  If the former, you need to do the latter.  An upgrade
will replace the initscript, but it shouldn't touch the postgresql.conf.

And does a Unix domain connection (no -h directive on the machine running
postmaster) with psql work?
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio