configuring postgresql on the browser

От Don Patou
Тема configuring postgresql on the browser
Дата
Re: configuring postgresql on the browser  (Kevin Coyner <kevin@rustybear.com>)
Список pgsql-novice
I'm trying to get pgsql to work on my browser but I can't connect. It works
great on the shell and the psql webmin module works great but when it comes
to phppgadmin or connecting my php application I get a :

"Warning: pg_connect() unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: IDENT
authentication failed for user "joe""
do i need to add a new user such as localhost or something? I don't why my
webmin module is working while my phppgadmin is not.

this is what's on my pg_hba.conf file maybe there's something wrong with it:

local   all         all                                             ident
sameu\
ser
host    all         all         127.0.0.1         255.255.255.255   ident
sameu\
ser
host    all         all         0.0.0.0           255.255.255.255   reject
\

thanx in advance