Re: configuring postgresql on the browser

От Kevin Coyner
Тема Re: configuring postgresql on the browser
Дата
Список pgsql-novice

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 11:18:41PM +0200, Don Patou wrote......

> I'm trying to get pgsql to work on my browser but I can't connect. It works
> great on the shell and the psql webmin module works great but when it comes
> to phppgadmin or connecting my php application I get a :
 <snip>
> this is what's on my pg_hba.conf file maybe there's something wrong with it:
>
> local   all         all                                 ident sameuser
> host    all         all   127.0.0.1   255.255.255.255   ident sameuser
> host    all         all   0.0.0.0     255.255.255.255   reject

I struggled with this for a while too, especially in terms of getting
phppgadmin to work.

I've got the following in my pg_hba.conf

local   all         all                                   trust
host    all         all     127.0.0.1   255.255.255.0     md5

Also, in your postgresql.conf make sure you have tcpip_socket = 1 as
shown below.

#       Connection Parameters
#
# TCP/IP access is allowed by default, but the default access given in
# pg_hba.conf will permit it only from localhost, not other machines.
tcpip_socket = 1

I think these were the only changes I had to make to get phppgadmin to
work on the localhost.

HTH.

Kevin