Re: configuring postgresql on the browser

От A.Bhuvaneswaran
Тема Re: configuring postgresql on the browser
Дата
Re: configuring postgresql on the browser  (Pat <pat@oggtheora.com>)
Список pgsql-novice
> I'm trying to get pgsql to work on my browser but I can't connect. It works
> great on the shell and the psql webmin module works great but when it comes
> to phppgadmin or connecting my php application I get a :
>
> "Warning: pg_connect() unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: IDENT
> authentication failed for user "joe""

Ident maps other than sameuser are defined in the file pg_ident.conf in
the data directory, which contains lines of the general form:

map-name ident-username database-username

So you might require to have appropriate entries in pg_ident.conf file.

Rather you can also change the authentication method to trust or password
or md5.

regards,
bhuvaneswaran