Re: pg_dump version conflict

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: pg_dump version conflict
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 02:24:22PM -0800, Tom Haddon wrote:
> Do you know how I'd find out how to alter the dump file to work for
> 7.1.2?

I'm afraid what Robert Treat said: try loading, find the error, and
keep making changes til it works.

Could you convince them to let you install a private version of
Postgres, and use that?  Installing Postgres without root is a little
tricky, but not real hard.  The only thing you really need root for
is adding the init script.

I tend to agree with the other thing Robert said: that someone who
makes you stick with 7.1.2 is not providing the sort of support you
likely want.  If nothing else, the VACUUM change alone is worth
chucking 7.1.x overboard.  We saw a huge performance improvement when
we went from 7.1.3 to 7.2.2.  Part of that was just our freedom from
the old vacuum code, which caused us to have to neglect some tables
because of the cost of vacuuming them more often.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110