I cannot get the db to initialize. Please help.

От P G
Тема I cannot get the db to initialize. Please help.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Has anyone seen this error and managed to get it to
work?  I have installed the PostgreSQL 7.3.1 RPMs, but
I cannot get the database to initialize.  I keep
getting the following error.  BTW, this is on a Cobalt
RAQ550.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA.
**************************************
[root admin]# su -l postgres -c '/usr/bin/initdb
--pgdata=/var/lib/pgsql/data'
The program
    '/usr/bin/postgres'
needed by initdb does not belong to PostgreSQL version
7.3.1, or
there may be a configuration problem.

This was the error message issued by that program:
/usr/bin/postgres: error while loading shared
libraries: cannot open shared obje
ct file: cannot load shared object file: No such file
or directory
[root admin]# rpm -qf /usr/bin/postgres
postgresql-server-7.3.1-1PGDG
[root admin]#