Re: Miss of global directory

От Artur Pietruk
Тема Re: Miss of global directory
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 11:02:25PM -0300, gborges@radiumsystems.com.br wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I lost the global directory wich contains some archives which are needed to use postgres correctly.

    I'm not sure what you mean by "global directory". You mean
you've lost binaries, etc. related to pgsql?

> Is there some way to rebuild this directory? The data directory which contains all my database information is safe.

    But, as long as you have $PGDATA, you should be safe. (But
remember to backup everything, and make sure you know what you are
doing, to not loose your DB by simple mistake/rm - be careful).

    Here is short overview of what you could try: Backup your
current $PGDATA directory. Then, reinstall postgresql (remember -
exactly the same version of PGSQL as before!). When done, new
$PGDATA dir will be created. Take postgresql down, and remove new
$PGDATA. Then, copy to that place your old, backuped $PGDATA.

    Hope it works,
--
--- Artur Pietruk, arturp@plukwa.net