perl dbd libraries keeping transactions open?

От Adam Haberlach
Тема perl dbd libraries keeping transactions open?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
    I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I've got
a question and potential issue.
We've got a system consisting of several daemons written
in perl and a web interface, and we are having issues with
the nightly vacuums not doing anything.  It seems that this
is happening because there is always a transaction held open
by the libraries.
It seems that the implementation is for the libs to
do a BEGIN on connect and after every transaction -- is
this normal.  Is there a way to keep it from causing
problems with vaccuums?
If this isn't the right place, or if anyone knows a
better place to ask this, let me know...

--
Adam Haberlach         | "Because manholes are round."
adam@mediariffic.com   |