Darwin libpq link failing

От ash
Тема Darwin libpq link failing
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I have a library that I wrote under OpenBSD and built with no problem for years.. but as I'm porting to darwin, I'm
noticingsome .. unpleasend behavioure during final linking on a Mac OS 10.2.4 sytem . please point out any
oversights..

first versions..
xpi@ryoku:mutilities>psql -V                                               <xpi
psql (PostgreSQL) 7.3.1
built locally  with --no-readline as it's only configure option

and gcc 3.1..
on
root@ryoku:src>uname -a                                                   <root
Darwin ryoku 6.3 Darwin Kernel Version 6.3: Sat Dec 14 03:11:25 PST 2002; root:xnu/xnu-344.23.obj~4/RELEASE_PPC  Power
Macintoshpowerpc

Please note that it doesn't bomb after -lpq , as it would if it were an unreadable/invalid library name

xpi@ryoku:mutilities>make test                                             <xpi
gcc -O -pipe  -Wall -g -Dbugs -I/Users/xpi/tmpsrc/lib/mutilities  -L/Users/xpi/tmpsrc/lib/mutilities -Dpthreads
-Ddarwin-I/usr/local/pgsql/include -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lpq -lpq   mutil.o maintest.c

ld: Undefined symbols:
_PQclear
_PQerrorMessage
_PQsetdbLogin
_PQstatus
*** Error code 1

just to make life difficult for my typo's:
root@ryoku:lib>nm libpq.a |  grep _PQclear                                <root U _PQclear
000006a0 T _PQclear      U _PQclear
root@ryoku:lib>pwd                                                        <root /usr/local/pgsql/lib

thank you for your time,