Re: perl dbd libraries keeping transactions open?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: perl dbd libraries keeping transactions open?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Adam Haberlach <adam@newsnipple.com> writes:
>     It seems that the implementation is for the libs to
> do a BEGIN on connect and after every transaction -- is
> this normal.  Is there a way to keep it from causing
> problems with vaccuums?

This is horrible practice for a number of reasons, not only its effect
on VACUUM.  Consider what you will get from now(), for example.  A new
BEGIN should only be issued when you are ready to issue the first
command of the next transaction.

If that hasn't been fixed yet in the dbd driver, I would recommend
fixing it there.