Re: perl dbd libraries keeping transactions open?

От Ian Barwick
Тема Re: perl dbd libraries keeping transactions open?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Sunday 02 March 2003 18:55, Tom Lane wrote:
> Adam Haberlach <adam@newsnipple.com> writes:
> >     It seems that the implementation is for the libs to
> > do a BEGIN on connect and after every transaction -- is
> > this normal.  Is there a way to keep it from causing
> > problems with vaccuums?
>
> This is horrible practice for a number of reasons, not only its effect
> on VACUUM.  Consider what you will get from now(), for example.  A new
> BEGIN should only be issued when you are ready to issue the first
> command of the next transaction.
>
> If that hasn't been fixed yet in the dbd driver, I would recommend
> fixing it there.

The default DBD::Pg behaviour is AutoCommit On, and AFAIK
has always been that way. The DBD::Pg driver will only
begin a transaction if AutoCommit was explicitly set to Off
or $dbh->begin_work() was executed by the application.

perldoc DBD::Pg contains more info.

Ian Barwick
barwick@gmx.net

Сообщение: Re: perl dbd libraries keeping transactions open?
Сообщение: Re: perl dbd libraries keeping transactions open?