Re: Linux.conf.au 2003 Report

От Kurt Roeckx
Тема Re: Linux.conf.au 2003 Report
Дата
Re: Linux.conf.au 2003 Report  (Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 02:35:15PM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:

> Sure. But you still want to be able to say (and can say, in some [many?]
> socket API implementations) that you want to accept only IPv4 or only IPv6
> connections. I also want to be able to say the same thing in my database.

You just create either an ipv4 or ipv6 socket.  And then you can
bind to an address of that type if you want.  Either all
addresses or a specific one.

Depending on the OS, binding to all addresses on IPv6 will also
bind to all the ipv4 addresses, which can be both handy an
annoying.  On others you need 2 sockets if you want to listen on
both ipv4 and ipv6, which makes more sense.

Kurt