Re: Linux.conf.au 2003 Report

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Linux.conf.au 2003 Report
Дата
Re: Linux.conf.au 2003 Report  (Gavin Sherry <swm@linuxworld.com.au>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 02:35:15PM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:
> >
> > Sure. But you still want to be able to say (and can say, in some [many?]
> > socket API implementations) that you want to accept only IPv4 or only IPv6
> > connections. I also want to be able to say the same thing in my database.
>
> You just create either an ipv4 or ipv6 socket.  And then you can
> bind to an address of that type if you want.  Either all
> addresses or a specific one.
>
> Depending on the OS, binding to all addresses on IPv6 will also
> bind to all the ipv4 addresses, which can be both handy an
> annoying.  On others you need 2 sockets if you want to listen on
> both ipv4 and ipv6, which makes more sense.

Well, that's interesting.  Current CVS only binds to IPv6, and assumes
IPv4 will work too.  If some OS's require a separate Ipv4 binding, we
are going to hear about it before 7.4:

#ifdef HAVE_IPV6       /* Try INET6 first.  May fail if kernel doesn't support IP6 */       status =
StreamServerPort(AF_INET6,VirtualHost,                                 (unsigned short) PostPortNumber,
               UnixSocketDir,                                 &ServerSock_INET);       if (status != STATUS_OK)       {
         elog(LOG, "IPv6 support disabled --- perhaps the kernel does not support IPv6");

#endif           status = StreamServerPort(AF_INET, VirtualHost,                                     (unsigned short)
PostPortNumber,                                    UnixSocketDir,
&ServerSock_INET);          if (status != STATUS_OK)           {               postmaster_error("cannot create INET
streamport");               ExitPostmaster(1);           }

#ifdef HAVE_IPV6           else               elog(LOG, "IPv4 socket created");       }
#endif   }

Pennsylvania19073

Сообщение: Re: Linux.conf.au 2003 Report
Сообщение: Re: Linux.conf.au 2003 Report