Re: Linux.conf.au 2003 Report

От Curt Sampson
Тема Re: Linux.conf.au 2003 Report
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 2 Feb 2003, Kurt Roeckx wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 02:35:15PM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:
> >
> > Sure. But you still want to be able to say (and can say, in some [many?]
> > socket API implementations) that you want to accept only IPv4 or only IPv6
> > connections. I also want to be able to say the same thing in my database.
>
> You just create either an ipv4 or ipv6 socket.

Um...I'm talking about inserting data into a column in postgres. How do
I declare that a column can accept IPv4 addresses only?

And why will *nobody* address the question of whether this type should
include ISO/OSI addresses or not, and why?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.netbsd.org   Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're
alllight.  --XTC