Re: PostgreSQL Password Cracker

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Password Cracker
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Tom Lane writes:
>
> > separate out the parts that are only interesting to a programmer using
> > libpq from the parts that are interesting to a user of a libpq-based
> > program (for example, all the info about environment variables, conninfo
> > string syntax, and .pgpass).
>
> The sections on environment variables and the .pgpass file are at the
> "sect1" level, which is about as prominent as I think we can make them.
> Certainly they are not a subject matter that warrants a whole chapter of
> their own.  What's missing are some cross-references.

But it is a "sect1" in libpq.  It should be a "sect1" somewhere that
makes more sense.

Right now it appears here:Table of Contents1. libpq - C Library    1.1. Introduction    1.2. Database Connection
Functions   1.3. Command Execution Functions    1.4. Asynchronous Query Processing    1.5. The Fast-Path Interface
1.6.Asynchronous Notification    1.7. Functions Associated with the COPY Command    1.8. libpq Tracing Functions
1.9.libpq Control Functions    1.10. Environment Variables          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^    1.11. Files    1.12.
ThreadingBehavior    1.13. Building Libpq Programs    1.14. Example Programs

It doesn't belong in libpq, and it doesn't belong in the Programmer's
Guide.

Pennsylvania19073