Re: PostgreSQL Password Cracker

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Password Cracker
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> But it is a "sect1" in libpq.  It should be a "sect1" somewhere that
> makes more sense.
> It doesn't belong in libpq, and it doesn't belong in the Programmer's
> Guide.

How could it not belong in libpq?  But you are right that the
Programmer's Guide seems the wrong place for information that is
important to end-users.

Perhaps libpq needs to have a chapter in the User's Guide as well as a
chapter in the Programmer's Guide?  Or maybe we could put the relevant
information into a reference page under PostgreSQL Client Applications
(titled something along the line of "common behavior of all libpq-based
client applications").