Re: list schema

От Peter Childs
Тема Re: list schema
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thursday 05 December 2002 23:21, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Tom Lane writes:
> > I was going to add one for schemas, but \ds and \dS are already taken,
> > and there was no good proposal for what to use instead.  Any thoughts?
>
> \dschema
>
> Pretty soon we'll have too many things for 'c' as well, so maybe we should
> go with full words.

    I think this sounds like a good idea. as they would be much easier to
remember if its a full word. You can always leave the 1 leave the 1 letter
abbrevations in anyway and have both!

    I also notice that on the todo list is a job to turn all these into views. It
might be worth doing that (should not be too difficult I think) plus they
could then be used from other client programs.

    Strictly I think this meta information should have its own access methods in
the sql standard because currently sql is a broken standard with out this
meta infomation.

Peter Childs