Re: Backend message type 0x50 arrived while idle

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Backend message type 0x50 arrived while idle
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 12:43:09PM -0800, Wynn, Robin wrote:
> I know... the problem is two-fold.  One, I had to have that in writing so I
> could justify upgrading, and two, we release in a few days and can't really
> change the database until that's complete (requires too many changes to
> existing things).  I was just hoping someone here would know what that
> message meant so I could either document it, or prove it's not the database
> that's got a problem, it's our interaction with it.  I've seen a number of
> people ask this question on a number of different versions of PostgreSQL (I
> believe the latest I've seen is 7.1.x), so I suspect that it's something
> we're doing... I just need to know what that message means, so I know how to
> troubleshoot it on our end.  It's not incredibly descriptive :^P

To be honest, it's totally worth it upgrading and nowhere near as hard as
you think. A while ago we moved from 6.5.x to 7.0.x and we didn't have to
change a line of code. Since then we've tested our stuff with 7.2.x and
again, it's worked without a single modification.

If you get the time, setup a test machine, just install everything as usual
but put 7.3.x on instead. I think you'll be pleasently suprised.

FWIW, those errors probably relate to actual errors signalled by the backend
not correctly flagged/noticed by the client. If you have logging turned on
in the backend you'll probably get much more helpful messages out of the
log.
> Support bacteria! They're the only culture some people have.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: pg and number of parameters by insert
Сообщение: Re: pg and number of parameters by insert