Bug #829: 7.3 crashes when trying to set variable to default

От pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Тема Bug #829: 7.3 crashes when trying to set variable to default
Дата
Re: Bug #829: 7.3 crashes when trying to set variable to default  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Dustin Sallings (dustin+pgsqlbugs@spy.net) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
7.3 crashes when trying to set variable to default

Long Description
Logged in as dustin (superuser), I did the following:

alter user nobody set search_path to [something]

and then

alter user nobody set search_path to default

(having already done this for my own username).

The database server immediately crashes with the following message:

LOG:  server process (pid 24975) was terminated by signal 10
[...]
LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory and semaphor
es
IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=2449408, 03600) failed: Cannot allocat
e memory

This error usually means that PostgreSQL's request for a shared
memory segment exceeded available memory or swap space.
To reduce the request size (currently 2449408 bytes), reduce
PostgreSQL's shared_buffers parameter (currently 128) and/or
its max_connections parameter (currently 64).

The PostgreSQL Administrator's Guide contains more information about
shared memory configuration.

My host system is OS X 10.2.2.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report