newbie qs; examining databases and tables

От Rusty Wright
Тема newbie qs; examining databases and tables
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I'm someone with some mysql experience and need to set up postgres for
a product we're evaluating.  In mysql I can use SHOW DATABASES to list
all of the databases on the system, USE DB1 to switch to one of the
databases, SHOW TABLES to list all of the table names in the database
I'm USEing, and DESCRIBE TABLE1 to list all of the column names, data
types, etc. for a table.

How do I do the equivalent with postgresql?  Are there equivalent SQL
commands?