Re: How do I restore data changes made after the backup?

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: How do I restore data changes made after the backup?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 04:57:45PM -0600, Orr, Steve wrote:
> THANKS! for the quick answer.
>
> Yes I want point in time recovery and I can wait 6 months. $64K question...
> Will it be delivered on schedule? ;-)

Well, 7.3 looks like it will be.

If you have some dollars to spread around, I'll bet someone would
even be willing to figure out how to patch 7.3 for this.  But keep in
mind that the patches will not be widely tested, so you'd want to
reply on them only in really dire emergencies (i.e. don't build your
plans with them, but use them as a faint-hope recovery method in the
first iteration).

> I also want replication. Any other info other than what on the web site?
> Anyone used eRServer? Is the Postgres-R project a separate endeavor? Is

Afilias and its child company Liberty RMS (for whom I work) use
eRserver (the commercial version, from PostgreSQL, Inc).  We're very
happy with it.

The contrib/ module also works, although it's not terribly fast, and
may have some bugs.  People find it hard to set up.  I can probably
help if you have a particular question.

The 7.3 release (currently in beta) will have another replication
scheme in contrib/ as well.  I haven't used it.

Postgres-R apparently just recently made master-slave with 7.2.  But
it's brand new, and I don't think I'd use it for production yet.

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110