Re: Silencing NOTICEs in Perl Pg

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Silencing NOTICEs in Perl Pg
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 11:33:22 -0700,
  David Wheeler <david@wheeler.net> wrote:
> On Thursday, August 29, 2002, at 11:29  AM, David F. Skoll wrote:
>
> >PostgreSQL comes with its own "Pg" module, completely unrelated to DBI.
> >That's what I'm using.
>
> Oh, never noticed that before.
>
> May I suggest to the PostgreSQL developers that this be deprecated in
> favor of DBI/DBD::Pg? That really is the standard way to interface to
> databases in Perl.

Just because it is the standard way doesn't mean its the best way.
Pg is tied closely to libpg which may provide advantages in some cases.

For example, I believe DBI has a lame way to do things when autocommit is off.
It immediately starts a transaction rather than wait for a begin statement
to be sent. This has consequences that may not always be desirable.

Сообщение: Re: Silencing NOTICEs in Perl Pg
Сообщение: Re: Silencing NOTICEs in Perl Pg