Re: Silencing NOTICEs in Perl Pg

От David Wheeler
Тема Re: Silencing NOTICEs in Perl Pg
Дата
Re: Silencing NOTICEs in Perl Pg  (David Wheeler <david@wheeler.net>)
Список pgsql-admin
On Thursday, August 29, 2002, at 12:04  PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> Just because it is the standard way doesn't mean its the best way.
> Pg is tied closely to libpg which may provide advantages in some cases.

DBD::Pg is built with libpg, too, IIRC.

> For example, I believe DBI has a lame way to do things when autocommit
> is off.
> It immediately starts a transaction rather than wait for a begin
> statement
> to be sent. This has consequences that may not always be desirable.

Hrm, I've never head DBI called "lame" before. But its advantages lie
in its standardization of database access. But yes, some might consider
that a limitation.

BTW, the relatively new DBI begin_work() method may have overcome the
issue you raise.

Regards,

David

david@wheeler.net                                 ICQ: 15726394