Command-line client sometimes misinterprets tabs for nulls

От Casey Allen Shobe
Тема Command-line client sometimes misinterprets tabs for nulls
Дата
Re: Command-line client sometimes misinterprets tabs for  (Rod Taylor <rbt@zort.ca>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Let's say I have typed a nice formatted SQL statement like so:

select        b1.blah,
        b1.blah2,
        b2.blah3
from        blah_table as b1
inner join only    blah_table2 as b2
on        b1.blah =3D b2.blah;

...using tabs as the indenting medium.  Now I copy that from my editor into=
=20
psql, and most of the tabs are converted to nulls, resulting in an error li=
ke=20
"Unknown value fromblah_table".  Tabs should paste; they're normal=20
characters.

--=20
Casey Allen Shobe / Network Security Analyst & PHP Developer
SecureWorks, Inc. / 404.327.6339 x169 / Fax: 404.728.0144
cshobe@secureworks.net / http://www.secureworks.net
Content is my own and does not necessarily represent my company.

"Diagoras the Atheist once visited Samothrace and a friend there said to hi=
m,=20
'You think the gods have no care for humans?  Why, you can see from all the=
se=20
votive pictures here how many people have escaped the fury of storms at sea=
=20
by praying to the gods, who have brought them safe to harbour.'  'Yes,=20
indeed,' said Diagoras, 'but where are the pictures of all those who suffer=
ed=20
shipwreck and perished in the waves?'  On another occasion he was on a voya=
ge=20
and the crew became anxious about the bad weather and began to mutter that =
it=20
served them right for taking an atheist on board.  Diagoras just pointed ou=
t=20
to them a number of other ships on the same course which were in equal=20
difficulties and asked them whether they thought that there was a Diagoras =
on=20
the passenger-list of every one of them.  The fact is that a man's characte=
r=20
or way of life makes no difference at all to his good luck or bad."

- Cicero