MD5 Password Storage and SSL TCP don't work together

От Casey Allen Shobe
Тема MD5 Password Storage and SSL TCP don't work together
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I am able to use plaintext passwords + non-ssl-enabled tcp
I am able to use MD5 passwords + non-ssl-enabled tcp
I am able to use plaintext passwords + ssl-enabled tcp
I am not able to use MD5 passwords + ssl-enabled tcp.  I always get a passw=
ord=20
failure.

The server is Linux From Scratch.  the client is Windows, using the postgre=
s=20
ODBC drivers.

--=20
Casey Allen Shobe / Network Security Analyst & PHP Developer
SecureWorks, Inc. / 404.327.6339 x169 / Fax: 404.728.0144
cshobe@secureworks.net / http://www.secureworks.net
Content is my own and does not necessarily represent my company.

"Diagoras the Atheist once visited Samothrace and a friend there said to hi=
m,=20
'You think the gods have no care for humans?  Why, you can see from all the=
se=20
votive pictures here how many people have escaped the fury of storms at sea=
=20
by praying to the gods, who have brought them safe to harbour.'  'Yes,=20
indeed,' said Diagoras, 'but where are the pictures of all those who suffer=
ed=20
shipwreck and perished in the waves?'  On another occasion he was on a voya=
ge=20
and the crew became anxious about the bad weather and began to mutter that =
it=20
served them right for taking an atheist on board.  Diagoras just pointed ou=
t=20
to them a number of other ships on the same course which were in equal=20
difficulties and asked them whether they thought that there was a Diagoras =
on=20
the passenger-list of every one of them.  The fact is that a man's characte=
r=20
or way of life makes no difference at all to his good luck or bad."

- Cicero