Re: Temporary Views

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Temporary Views
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Gavin Sherry <swm@linuxworld.com.au> writes:
> > I'm thinking that temporary views should be pretty trivial to
> > implement.
>
> ... except not so trivial, per the rest of your note.
>
> Do we actually need any such feature?  Views on temp tables already work
> correctly in CVS tip: the implicit DROP CASCADE on temp tables at
> backend exit makes such views go 'way too.

Oh.  but RESTRICT is the default.  Seems like the view should go away no
matter what, and if they mix temp and non-temp tables, is it obvious
that the view will disappear if they didn't specify TEMP on view
creation.

I can go either way, but I want to make sure we agree so I can modify
the TODO accordingly.

Pennsylvania19073