Re: PostgreSQL in mission-critical system

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: PostgreSQL in mission-critical system
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 12:20:22PM -0500, Keith G. Murphy wrote:
> Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> > PostgreSQL maintainer (Oliver Elphick) for Debian is very quick to
> > release .debs for stable for the most recent PostgreSQL release.  So
>
> I'm puzzled by that comment.  Stable has 6.5.3 right now.  The

Sorry, I should have been clearer.  You need to visit Mr Elphick's
page to get it:

    <http://people.debian.org/~elphick/postgresql/index.html>

Debian's policy is very clear that a new version of a package cannot
go into frozen (or statble) after the freeze.  Backported bugfixes
can be introduced (I get the impression that a few exceptions have
been made for some packages, but it seems pretty rare), but not new
versions.  Some package maintainers (Mr Elphick and the X package
maintainers among them) are willing to provide unofficial upgrade
packages for the stable branch, however.

----
Andrew Sullivan                               87 Mowat Avenue
<andrew@libertyrms.info>                              M6K 3E3
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110