Re: Memo on dropping practices

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Memo on dropping practices
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks, TODO updated.  I split out "Make constraints clearer in dump
file" into a foreign key version, which I marked as done, and a second
version which I left as undone.

Thanks.  That's a heap of items completed.

Rod Taylor wrote:
> >     * Add pg_depend table for dependency recording; use sysrelid, oid,
> >       depend_sysrelid, depend_oid, name
> >     * Auto-destroy sequence on DROP of table with SERIAL; perhaps a separate
> >       SERIAL type
> >     * Have SERIAL generate non-colliding sequence names when we have
> >       auto-destruction
> >     * Prevent column dropping if column is used by foreign key
> >     * Propagate column or table renaming to foreign key constraints
> >     * Automatically drop constraints/functions when object is dropped
> >     * Make constraints clearer in dump file
> >     * Make foreign keys easier to identify
> >     * Flush cached query plans when their underlying catalog data changes
> >
> > Which of these are done with the patch?
>
> Below is what I listed off as complete when submitting the patch.
>
> 'Make constraints clearer in dump file' is questionable.  Foreign keys
> are, others not yet, but they need to be.
>

> # Add ALTER TABLE DROP non-CHECK CONSTRAINT
> # Allow psql \d to show foreign keys
> *  Add pg_depend table for dependency recording; use sysrelid, oid,
> depend_sysrelid, depend_oid, name
> # Auto-destroy sequence on DROP of table with SERIAL
> # Prevent column dropping if column is used by foreign key
> # Automatically drop constraints/functions when object is dropped
> # Make constraints clearer in dump file
> # Make foreign keys easier to identify

Pennsylvania19026

Сообщение: Re: Memo on dropping practices
Сообщение: Re: Memo on dropping practices