Re: Memo on dropping practices

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: Memo on dropping practices
Дата
Re: Memo on dropping practices  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
>     * Add pg_depend table for dependency recording; use sysrelid, oid,
>       depend_sysrelid, depend_oid, name
>     * Auto-destroy sequence on DROP of table with SERIAL; perhaps a separate
>       SERIAL type
>     * Have SERIAL generate non-colliding sequence names when we have
>       auto-destruction
>     * Prevent column dropping if column is used by foreign key
>     * Propagate column or table renaming to foreign key constraints
>     * Automatically drop constraints/functions when object is dropped
>     * Make constraints clearer in dump file
>     * Make foreign keys easier to identify
>     * Flush cached query plans when their underlying catalog data changes
>
> Which of these are done with the patch?

Below is what I listed off as complete when submitting the patch.

'Make constraints clearer in dump file' is questionable.  Foreign keys
are, others not yet, but they need to be.

# Add ALTER TABLE DROP non-CHECK CONSTRAINT
# Allow psql \d to show foreign keys
*  Add pg_depend table for dependency recording; use sysrelid, oid,
depend_sysrelid, depend_oid, name
# Auto-destroy sequence on DROP of table with SERIAL
# Prevent column dropping if column is used by foreign key
# Automatically drop constraints/functions when object is dropped
# Make constraints clearer in dump file
# Make foreign keys easier to identify

Сообщение: Re: Memo on dropping practices
Сообщение: Re: Memo on dropping practices