Re: Fwd: Re: Comparing PostgreSQL and Oracle stability

От Nils Höglund
Тема Re: Fwd: Re: Comparing PostgreSQL and Oracle stability
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Support PostgreSQL in some way hierarchical query like Oracle does?
> Select ... start with ... connect by ...  ???

Haven't found any support of that in postgresql.

This is really a functionallity I miss (or have missed ;).

I solve the problem by sorting posts in my application (JSP). Works pretty
well, however - I would like the db to do the work.

> > 2) I can't provide you with any meaningful info about performance. I didn't
> > do any scientific performance comparison. One thing I can say, is that my
> > colleague needed to spend a lot of time giving hints to oracle because
> > (according to him) the planner was really bad and frequently made planning
> > errors.

I agree with your colleague. Writing you're queries "right" is
really important in Oracle. :)

--
/Nils Höglund, Naqua KB

E-mail:         nils@naqua.se