repeatable crash generating two column index

От Mike Harding
Тема repeatable crash generating two column index
Дата
Re: repeatable crash generating two column index  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
I'm working the example in "Postgresql Developer's Handbook", page
218.  I can create an index on a single column no problem, but when I
try to create a index over two columns ->

CREATE INDEX idx_id_perftest ON perftest (id, astring);

the backend crashes every time.  I see the following in the logs...

2002-07-03 08:33:29 DEBUG:  server process (pid 53454) was terminated by signal 11
2002-07-03 08:33:29 DEBUG:  terminating any other active server processes
2002-07-03 08:33:29 DEBUG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory and semaphores

I can create/drop a single column index after the crash/recovery no problem.

I am using FreeBSD 4.6, Postrgresql 7.2.1.  I'm not including the code
because it's copyright but can forward to a debugger.  The code just
generates 10 million columns with an ID, and a random number and
string...

mvh=> select * from perftest limit 10;
 id | astring  | anumber
----+----------+----------