postgres 7.2.1 and pam

От Georg Lutz
Тема postgres 7.2.1 and pam
Дата
Re: postgres 7.2.1 and pam
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

i would like to use pam(ldap) to authenticate users.

Unix-LDAP-Users already exists and they can login.

I created a user via "CREATE USER user;" without a password, having a
valid unix-account in ldap.

But whenever I try to login to postgresql via psql -U user
template1 i get "psql: FATAL 1:  Password authentication failed for user
user".

I installed the rpm's from
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/binary/v7.2.1/RPMS/redhat-7.2/
on RH 7.2 .

My pg_hba.conf looks like this:
---
local      all                                           md5
local      all                                           pam     postgresql
---

In /etc/pam.d/postgresql:
---
auth     required      pam_ldap.so