Re: Further info : Very high load average but no cpu utilization ?

От D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Тема Re: Further info : Very high load average but no cpu utilization ?
Дата
Re: Further info : Very high load average but no cpu utilization  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-sql
On May 13, 2002 12:50 am, Rajesh Kumar Mallah. wrote:
> Its advocated "dont kill -9 the postmaster" and i rarely do that.

Advocated or not, kill -9 is supposed to be the last resort.  If nothing else
works then kill -9 should kill any Unix process.  As Tom says, if it doesn't
then it suggests an OS (probably driver) problem.

Now if only I could get IBM to understand that.  They still claim that my
problem is that PostgreSQL (an "unsupported" application) is doing something
to catch SIGKILL.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: