Re: PGSQL 7.2.1 compile error on Red Hat 5.2 due to peercred

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PGSQL 7.2.1 compile error on Red Hat 5.2 due to peercred
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Tom Lane wrote:
> Joe Bernstein <joe@sfbooks.com> writes:
> > So look:  Is whatever may or may not be wrong with this machine
> > concerning peercred so catastrophically wrong that I Must Not attempt
> > to run PostgreSQL?
>
> Just disable the code that tries to support peercred; it's certainly
> not a necessary feature.  (Change "#if defined(SO_PEERCRED)" to #if 0.)
>
> This does indicate that assuming SO_PEERCRED exists means struct ucred
> exists is Wrong.  Probably there should be a direct configure check for
> HAVE_STRUCT_UCRED.

That is interesting.  My guess is that indeed it is a mixed OS version
installed:

> The machine is an i586 with a Linux on it that is ancestrally Red
> Hat 5.2, kernel 2.3.2, but that has been hacked since and may since
> have had another Linux installed over it (I'm not sure).  I do know

This is the first compile failure we have heard about and it is hard to
imagine you have SO_PEERCRED defined but no ucred.  My guess is that
some of the system includes where updated, but not all.