Re: PGSQL 7.2.1 compile error on Red Hat 5.2 due to peercred

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PGSQL 7.2.1 compile error on Red Hat 5.2 due to peercred
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Joe Bernstein <joe@sfbooks.com> writes:
> So look:  Is whatever may or may not be wrong with this machine
> concerning peercred so catastrophically wrong that I Must Not attempt
> to run PostgreSQL?

Just disable the code that tries to support peercred; it's certainly
not a necessary feature.  (Change "#if defined(SO_PEERCRED)" to #if 0.)

This does indicate that assuming SO_PEERCRED exists means struct ucred
exists is Wrong.  Probably there should be a direct configure check for
HAVE_STRUCT_UCRED.