Re: Postgresql installation problem

От Andrew Gould
Тема Re: Postgresql installation problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
To initialize the database, the database user must
have the proper permissions to create the database
directories you've mentioned (pgsql, pgsql/data).

Assuming the following:
Database User: postgres
Databsase User's group: database
Database directory: /var/lib/pgsql/data

1. Read the online documentation for your version at
http://www.us.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/

2. As root:
create the group database in /etc/group
create the user postgres
  mkdir -p /var/lib/pgsql/data
  chown -R postgres.database /var/lib/pgsql/

3. Login as postgres and:
add the next 2 lines to postgres' .profile
  PGDATA=/var/lib/pgsql/data
  export $PGDATA
execute the following from the command line:
  initdb -D /var/lib/pgsql/data
  postmaster -D /var/lib/pgsql/data &

I think this should do it.  If I forgot anything, I'm
sure someone will correct me!  ;-)

Best of luck,

Andrew Gould