Re: ALTER TABLE ... SET DEFAULT

От Brian McCane
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE ... SET DEFAULT
Дата
Re: ALTER TABLE ... SET DEFAULT  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-admin
Okay, so if I create a function as 'iscachable', it assumes that the value
will never change, calls the function and places the value in as the
default?  This doesn't make sense to me since the 'iscacheable' only works
inside of a transaction block.  If I call my function a hundred times, I
get a hundred different answers.  Once I do a 'BEGIN', the result never
changes again until I 'COMMIT', which is what I would expect according to
the docs I have found.

- brian

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> Brian McCane <bmccane@mccons.net> writes:
> > Been there, done that :).  It put the current epoch value in as the
> > default value for updated.
>
> That would suggest that you marked since_epoch() as cachable.  Wrong
> thing to do, if you want it evaluated again every time the default
> is used.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Wm. Brian McCane                    | Life is full of doors that won't open
Search http://recall.maxbaud.net/   | when you knock, equally spaced amid those
Usenet http://freenews.maxbaud.net/ | that open when you don't want them to.
Auction http://www.sellit-here.com/ | - Roger Zelazny "Blood of Amber"

Сообщение: Re: ALTER TABLE ... SET DEFAULT
Сообщение: Re: ALTER TABLE ... SET DEFAULT