Re: ALTER TABLE ... SET DEFAULT

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE ... SET DEFAULT
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Brian McCane <bmccane@mccons.net> writes:
> Okay, so if I create a function as 'iscachable', it assumes that the value
> will never change, calls the function and places the value in as the
> default?  This doesn't make sense to me since the 'iscacheable' only works
> inside of a transaction block.

Um ... I already told you, that is *not* the meaning of 'isCachable'.

7.3 will split this term into 'isImmutable' and 'isStable', where the
latter means approximately what you seem to expect.  But the practical
behavior of existing releases is that 'isCachable' means 'fixed forever
given fixed input arguments'.  If you don't like it, argue with the
code.