Re: binary data storage

От Martín Marqués
Тема Re: binary data storage
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jue 04 Abr 2002 11:32, you wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>     I discourage you to use the large object data type for a file of such
> dimensions... It would be better for you to store in the db the filename
> and the path to the file itself.
>     However you can find the large object you've inserted in your data
> directory (subdirectory base/oid of your database/).

I still don't get it.
If I use pg_lo* to put my binary data in the database, where will it be,
always talking about the structure of the database.
Example:
A table with 5 fields, and one is of type oid, and I want to insert data (a
new row to the table) in which I have a binary file to put in the oid field.

And how about if I have more then one oid field?

I see no specification on which field the binary object will be inserted.

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?

Сообщение: Re: [NOVICE] readline and psql
Сообщение: Re: [NOVICE] readline and psql