Re: access is denied completely from postgresql!!

От Jean-Michel POURE
Тема Re: access is denied completely from postgresql!!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Le Samedi 23 Mars 2002 13:28, vous avez écrit :
> <P>The Postgresql version is 7.0.3-8 and i am running it on Redhat
> 7.1.  I dont really worry about the database backup because i had only
> basically created a few databases with test data at this stage.  So im
> kind of new to the PostgreSQL.  If i try to service it with Webmin,
> which worked before the crash, Webmin now returns the following kind of
> error..for example, retrieving a list of users of the system:

Hi David,

1) Upgrade to 7.2

If you are starting with a fresh install, consider using PostgreSQL 7.2.
PostgreSQL 7.2 has many improvements, including WAL support (logging in case
of crash) and much more...

RedHat binary packages can be downloaded from
http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/rawhide/1.0/i386/RedHat/RPMS/PByName.html.

Download :
postgresql-server-7.2-5
postgresql-contrib-7.2-5
postgresql-devel-7.2-5
postgresql-docs-7.2-5
postgresql-jdbc-7.2-5
postgresql-libs-7.2-5
postgresql-odbc-7.2-5

Also, you may be interested in these server-side languages (which are highly
recommanded):
postgresql-perl-7.2-5
postgresql-python-7.2-5
postgresql-tcl-7.2-5
postgresql-tk-7.2-5

Upgrade all packages at once running : rpm -Uvh postgresql*

rpm might answer dependencies are needed. Go to
http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/rawhide/1.0/i386/RedHat/RPMS/ and download
the required packages.

2) Install a fresh database
delete /var/lib/pgsql/data directory content (not the directory itself).
Then enter "service postgresql start"
This should create a fresh database in /var/lib/pgsql/data/.

3) More information
Detailed information can be found on :
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs (interactive documentation)
http://techdocs.postgresql.org (techdocs)

To administer your database, you can also have a look at pgAdmin2
(http://pgadmin.postgresql.org). pgAdmin2 takes advantage of the lastest 7.2
improvements.

Regards,
Jean-Michel POURE

Сообщение: Re: access is denied completely from postgresql!!
Сообщение: Re: access is denied completely from postgresql!!