Re: access is denied completely from postgresql!!

От Jean-Michel POURE
Тема Re: access is denied completely from postgresql!!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Le Samedi 23 Mars 2002 12:23, David a écrit :
> I have done nothing, my LInux server crashed, when i went back in, no user
> had access to PostgreSQL.
> How do i get access back?  Can I somehow just create a new environment with
> a new database? i dont mind that!  I am just not sure how to do it!
> Do i have to remove PostgreSQL?  Cuz it says i haev to remove about 15
> different dependancies!! which is a pain..and i dont know if it will
> automatically work with Apache still if i was to do that and reinstall..
> Help!!

Don't do anything unless we understand what is going on.
1) What is the version of you PostgreSQL installed (rpm -q postgresql)?
Alternatively, what is your linux distribution?
2) Do you have a backup of your database (schema + data)?
3) What do the logs say when you try to start the database (probably with
'service postgresql start')?

Regards,
Jean-Michel POURE