Re: [ADMIN] Postgres not starting at boot(FreeBSD) - startup script not releasing < solved

От Matthew D. Fuller
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Postgres not starting at boot(FreeBSD) - startup script not releasing < solved
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 06:11:21PM -0500 I heard the voice of
Dave, and lo! it spake thus:
> Bingo!  Dumb move.  Dropped everything to password a few months back,  never had
> the occasion to restart after that.  Will work on tweaking the pg_hba.conf

FWIW (after a quick glance at the default script and the manpage), "-w"
is the pg_ctl option that makes it wait.  I just take it out; it only
takes PG a few seconds to initialize, so it's ready to go long before
something would need to connect to it.

It could also be said that having -w implemented as invoking psql to try
to connect as the DB superuser assuming no password is a rather
inappropriate way of going about it, but that's another can of worms.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    fullermd@over-yonder.net
Unix Systems Administrator      |    fullermd@futuresouth.com