Re: [ADMIN] Postgres not starting at boot(FreeBSD) - startup

От Chad R. Larson
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Postgres not starting at boot(FreeBSD) - startup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 02:54 AM 3/11/2002 , Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
>It could also be said that having -w implemented as invoking psql to try
>to connect as the DB superuser assuming no password is a rather
>inappropriate way of going about it, but that's another can of worms.

It doesn't wait for the PID file to be created (at least, no on our 7.1.2
systems).  It attempts to connect to a database using psql, and loops until
that connection is successful.  Which it won't be if you've got a
password,  because the script will wait for some entity to type the
password, and hang.

My fix here was a hack in pg_ctl, right at the bottom where the script is
looping on a psql attempt to connect to a database to prove the system is
up.  I added a "-h localhost" to the psql invocation to force a TCP
connection, and then used "ident" instead of password for the authorization.

         -crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22)    chad@eldocomp.com
   Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100