Re: Postgres not starting at boot(FreeBSD) - startup script not releasing

От Matthew D. Fuller
Тема Re: Postgres not starting at boot(FreeBSD) - startup script not releasing
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sun, Mar 10, 2002 at 09:11:11AM -0500 I heard the voice of
Dave, and lo! it spake thus:
> Try this on for size...   recently during a reboot (first in about 3 months for
> this particular server) our entire rc.d directory failed to start...  after some
> hacking of the rc file to output some helpful debuggin, it was apparent that the
> 010.pgsql.sh script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d was timing out and causing any
> directives thereafter not to be processed.

At a guess, you've set it up to not automatically trust local users, so
the default options which 'wait' for the server to come up (and "waits"
by having psql try connecting as the postgres user) waits for a long long
time for somebody to give it the password it now requires.

I find that rather annoying, and miss it every time, until the rc script
hangs.  Check the options and figure out which one it is you have to take
out, I can't recall offhand.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    fullermd@over-yonder.net
Unix Systems Administrator      |    fullermd@futuresouth.com