Re: [SQL] thinking about versioning my database schema

От Dan Langille
Тема Re: [SQL] thinking about versioning my database schema
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 4 Mar 2002 at 8:10, Janning Vygen wrote:

> So i am saving the schema version inside the databse. Is it a good
> idea? or is it nonsens and there is a much better way how to do it?

I have a system table.  One of the fields is the database version.  If I
change the schema, I modify the version.  The applications knows what
version it can run with.  If it finds an older version, it reports this ot
the user and suggests they upgrade their database.
--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary - http://freebsddiary.org/ - practical examples