Re: slow queries on large syslog table

От Chris Albertson
Тема Re: slow queries on large syslog table
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I just read your SELECT queries and the time it took.
What kind of computer (RAM, CPU), how many buffers (-B),
what kind od disks
and what is the non-Postgres load on the system at the
time of the query.  Yes it is dead slow.  The query is
not complex.

--- colm ennis <colm.ennis@eircom.net> wrote:
> hi wes,
>
> unfortunately the searches people do can be on any combination of
> date,
> hostid, and ciscomsgid. there are about 80 of each of these.
>
> also as people are usually using this when a problem is detected with
> device, they will want to see the most recent message with regard to
> this
> so im not sure if caching in a secondary table would be practicable.
>
> i have thought about perhaps having

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278@yahoo.com