Re: Can I call unix/linux commands within plsql?

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Can I call unix/linux commands within plsql?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, [big5] Timmy �H�K�� wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm new to Postgresql/plsql. Can anyone tell me that whether I can
> call unix/linux commands within plsql or not? I need it because some
> functions can not be provided by the PostgreSQL server itself such as
> email.

Not directly.  You can do this from C, but you need to be careful,
because anything you do outside of the database is not transaction
safe (ie, if something rolls back the transaction after the function
is called, the outside things are still done even though any data
changes are not recorded).