Re: Can I call unix/linux commands within plsql?

От Jason Earl
Тема Re: Can I call unix/linux commands within plsql?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I think that there is a plshell implementation rolling around
somewhere, but what I generally do is launch a cron script every so
often that can then check up on PostgreSQL.  For example, let's say
you have a table emails_to_send.  Cron can wake up a script that sends
your emails for you, and the script is free to use PostgreSQL's
excellent transaction support (something a shell script called from
PostgreSQL cannot really do).

Jason

Timmy 鄧添喜 <timmy.tang@gaojin.com> writes:

> Hello,
>

> I'm new to Postgresql/plsql. Can anyone tell me that whether I can call
> unix/linux commands within plsql or not? I need it because some functions can
> not be provided by the PostgreSQL server itself such as email.
>

> Thank you!!
>

> Timmy

Сообщение: Re: slow queries on large syslog table
Сообщение: Re: slow queries on large syslog table